FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NAIC Elects 2017 Officers
Elections included zone officers
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (Dec. 13, 2016) — Members of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) today elected 2017 officers:
President: Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner Ted Nickel
President-Elect: Tennessee Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak
Vice President: Maine Insurance Superintendent Eric A. Cioppa
Secretary-Treasurer: Texas Insurance Commissioner David Mattax
The newly elected officers will assume their duties on Jan. 1, 2017.
Ted Nickel was appointed by Governor Scott Walker as Commissioner of Insurance for the state of Wisconsin on Jan. 3, 2011.
Julie Mix McPeak was appointed by Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam to lead the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance on Jan. 12, 2011.
Eric A. Cioppa was confirmed as Superintendent of the Maine Bureau of Insurance in September 2011.
David Mattax was appointed as Insurance Commissioner by Texas Governor Greg Abbott appointed on Jan. 21, 2015.
2017 Zone Officers Elected
NAIC members also elected 2017 zone officers during the Fall National Meeting.
- Al Redmer, Jr. - Chair, Maryland
- Katharine L. Wade – Vice Chair, Connecticut
- Roger A. Sevigny – Secretary, New Hampshire
- Jim L. Ridling - Chair, Alabama
- Mike Chaney – Vice Chair, Mississippi
- Raymond G. Farmer – Secretary, South Carolina
- Ken Selzer, Chair, Kansas
- John D. Doak – Vice Chair, Oklahoma
- Stephen W. Robertson – Secretary, Indiana
- Dave Jones - Chair, California
- Laura N. Cali - Vice Chair, Oregon
- Dean L. Cameron – Secretary, Idaho